Friday 10 October 2014

Character of the Month | Darth Matrus


Alrighty folks! The CoTM election that we all thought was dead and forgotten actually isn’t!!! And he ain’t pleased about that, either!!

Essa: *pokes Matrus* *stupid grin*
Matrus: *glares at her through his red eye slit*

Lylyss: Matrus, do you have any advice to young Sith who might want to pursue a career with the Dark Hunters?
Matrus: The Dark Hunters were six…there are no longer and will never be again.

Dmitri: Who are the people who have most mattered to you? Did you ever have a sweetheart? Siblings? Other family? A brother or sister related to you by choice rather than by blood? … Why do you hate the Jedi so much?
Matrus: *turns to Dmitri, the malice of the Dark Side boring into him from Matrus’s eye slit* *thinks back to long, so long ago…to a woman, to the time when they stood together, to the day when she stood against him, and the day he struck her down* No one matters to me. Vengeance is purpose. The Jedi will pay. *his mind lingers bitterly on that day when the Jedi deceived his lover into turning against him*

Dmitri: How old are you, exactly? What do you look like under the mask? What's your species?  … Apparently you killed Yatelle. Can you give me more information on that? Why'd you do it?
Matrus: *pauses for a moment* Dark Hunter for one hundred and six years. Sith for one hundred and five. *ignores the next two questions and presently answers the third* Everyone I kill is an enemy. Jedi. Sith. Obstacles. Whoever you mentioned was no different.

Pyre: Okay, so give me the story. I'm a bounty hunter who prefers to wield lightsabers due to proficiency in that field. Why'd you attack me?
Jaraal: Lord Matrus, I have heard of your skill in lightsaber combat, and I request that you would train me.
Dmitri: Oh, and how'd you get the mask?
Matrus: *slowly turns his faceless, malevolent gaze on Pyre* Hollow words, Sith. So marked and forever my enemy. You and all your kind. *glances at Jaraal meaningfully* *then to Dmitri, replies in his dark, purring, metallic growl* I forged the mask. After the duel that took my face…and the life of my opponent.

Leilani: Why did you kill Jorus, you dragon-kissed Sith? WHY? *punches him in the mask* *runs away to calm down*
Matrus: *stares at her silently through the red slit* *jerks his hand and catches her fist in his large gloved hand*

Ver: *eyes narrow* You're the one who nearly killed Dae, aren't you? You'll regret that. Or will you? Do you regret anything at all in your life?
Matrus: *turns to Ver before letting go* I regret nothing.

Leilani: *calm again* Sorry about what happened in my last question. I just wanted to get that out. Serious question, though: can you tell us anything about the Dark Hunters? Preferably something we don't already know?
Matrus: *to Sunblade again* We are not Sith…we were the first Sith. Through the First Hunter…we are immortal. We will always return.

Darth Matrus
Dark Hunter

5 comments:

  1. Dragons eat you, Matrus. -_- Also, the answer to that last question scared me.
    Good interview, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No comprendo
      Yeah he's a creepy character 0_o

      Delete
    2. What do you mean, "No comprendo"?
      That's putting it lightly.

      Delete
    3. I don't get what you mean by "dragons eat you"
      Heh. Yeah he's eeevil....but by far not the worst of the Hunters. Actually the best, I'd say

      Delete
    4. I'd say Leilani's response isn't that dragons actually did eat Matrus, but rather that Leilani, in her reaction to this post, would have liked dragons to eat Matrus.

      And as a side note, I currently think Cyndar is the worst, aside from the First.

      Delete

CaC2er? Comment, by all means!
Elf of the Underground? Welcome, and we hope you join CaC2!
Viewer? You're welcome to comment, as long as it's relevant.