Monday 31 March 2014

Djo-im Pollik: CotM March



Last day of the month, and now I post Djo-im's CotM.  I meant to do it earlier, but was delayed.

-

Ellron -

Me: How do you like to spend your free time?

Djo-im:  There's not much free time in a Jedi's life.  But today I'll be interviewed by a group of Jedi and Padawans and teenagers.  That's you all.

Cypher: What's it like, being a Grey Jedi?

Djo-im:  In some respects it is one of elusiveness, of staying hidden and secret.  Being Gray means you are everyone's enemy, and that is why I stay to the shadows.  But the difference is also one of trust.  Even trusting myself.  How do I know I'm not going to completely fall to the darkside one day?  Thankfully, that was something I eventually overcame.  With the help of a very wise mentor - my Padawan.

Zadock: Seems you've been keeping secrets from the Council, Master Pollik. How long have you been a Grey Jedi? What drew you to the Dark Side?

Djo-im:  That is not something I can deny.  I have had a connection with both sides of the force even before the Jedi found me.  I was by no means a prodigy in the force, and even as a youngling I was far behind all the  others - that is, using the lightside.  But I knew that by relying on my emotions I could summon power far greater.  I didn't give any constraint to this new found power.  And therefore it was quickly discovered that I could channel the darkside.  But something extraordinary happened because of this.  A Jedi noticed me through my darkside connections, and took me as his padawan before I was hardly ready.  This Jedi had a specific interest in me because he saw a potential for a Gray Jedi, one who was on the brink but would not fall.  That at least was his explanation.

Lylyss -

Me: Why do you hate Kian??? And what sort of promise did you make Keith???

Djo-im:  I do not hate Kian.  He hates himself.  And the promise that I made his father was exactly that - to keep his hatred from killing himself.

Kazadan: How do you justify using both Light and Dark Sides?

Djo-im:  The lightside is generally defined by positive emotions such as honesty, compassion, mercy and self-sacrifice.  While the darkside by anger and revenge, among others.  But that is a misleading, oversimplified definition.  In simple terms, the user touches his darkside when he relies on his emotions to win a battle, while the lightsider fights for an intangible meaning that is far beyond any one person's needs and emotions.  Using this analysis, if I continue to serve the meaning of good even through the darkside, what is wrong with it?

Leilani -

From me:
-If you hadn't become a Jedi, what career would you want?

Djo-im:  The average soldierman has held my undying respect.  They hold a sense of duty for a cause they believe in.  They will take the bullet for their generals and for their people.  That is something I would live for, and die for.

-What's your favorite color?

Djo-im:  Gray?  Could you guess? *Tries to laugh* . . . I hate humor.

-What one action do you regret most, and why?

Djo-im:  The Dells of Gii.  I was leading a large military force on a hostile planet, and there Nu'mural Gii trapped our forces between a lake and series of swampy dells.  We were slaughtered.  And rather than fighting and dying alongside my men, I took the coward's way out.  I surrendered.  Later I escaped and returned to the Order, and in time I found a padawan, I renewed my connection with the darkside of the force, and became a council member.  But I cannot give back those men their lives, the ones that they gave for the coward of a commander such as I have been.

-What is your best memory?

Djo-im:  The years I spent with my first padawan.  I could say nothing else.

From Ver:
-When Master Duramar asked Kian what really happened to his father, Kian said to ask you. So, I'm asking: what happened?

Djo-im:  I am not currently fit to answer that question.  When it is time for the truth to reveal itself, the question will be answered.  Kian can give you that answer.  And it is his alone to tell.

Nightblade -

Me: Heheheh

Javez: *grins wolfishly, flexing his neck and shoulders* Okay, so... why did you even choose to be a Jedi? Or...did you not get to choose? Did you get kidnapped as a kid?
And did you just, like, finally get sick of them?

Djo-im:  I did not have a choice, but I wouldn't have had it another way.  And no, I did not become "sick of them".  My allegiance remains intact to the fuller purpose of the Jedi.  And the tools I use to serve it are of no concern of yours.

Matrus: Have you seen past the folly and weakness of the Jedi order?

Djo-im:  And have you seen the blinded selfishness and purposelessness of the Sith?

Everyone: *looks at Matrus in surprise at him speaking up*

Matrus: *gives them a cold "What?" look with his red eye slit*

Lara: Okay, so what's your problem?

Djo-im:  I ask that same question of you, girl.

Everyone: *look shocked at her bluntness*

Me: Okay that's enough...

Javez: Waiwaiwait...on more....*shouts* WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SMELL? *waits to hear the answer* Okay I'm good *files out after the others*

Djo-im:  You mock me.

Dmitri -

If you could redo your life, what things would you change?

Djo-im:  What things would I change?  I don't believe that's even the right question.  Say rather, "if I could redo my life, would I?"  I don't believe I would.  Sure I have regrets, ones that I shall take to the grave.  If I could go back, those regrets could be wiped away by the change of action.  But would I really want to do that?  My mistakes - not my successes - are what have shaped me to what I am now.  My mistakes are not something to be ashamed of - they are the buildings blocks of my character.  *Eyebrow perks*  Now enough with this old man talk.

Djo-im:  Now I must take my leave.  It has been an interesting time.  Farewell.

- Warrior

P.S.  Next Orfful Tag Recipient; Shor To.

14 comments:

  1. Me: What happened to Keith Shekk?
    Kian: Ask Djo.
    Djo: Ask Kian.

    That's what has happened. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Warrior! Lol. I loved the answer about his favorite color. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose we'll never get an answer about what happened to Keith Shekk, then . . .

    But I liked this interview. Djo's an interesting character, and this made me like him even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well "When it is time for the truth to reveal itself, the question will be answered." I couldn't spoil a major plot element without proper execution. ;)

      Thanks! :) And it's good to hear that.

      Delete
  4. NightBlade's characters: WE'VE BEEN CHEATED! WE GOT NO ANSWERS!!!! D:<
    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to Them: Oh yes you did. Read it again.

      Delete
    2. Them: *don't read it again* ONE ANSWER DOESN'T COUNT!

      Delete
    3. Me to Them: *sighs* Quoted:

      JAVEZ: Okay, so... why did you even choose to be a Jedi? Or...did you not get to choose? Did you get kidnapped as a kid? And did you just, like, finally get sick of them?
      DJO-IM: I did not have a choice, but I wouldn't have had it another way. And no, I did not become "sick of them". My allegiance remains intact to the fuller purpose of the Jedi. And the tools I use to serve it are of no concern of yours.

      MATRUS: Have you seen past the folly and weakness of the Jedi order?
      DJO-IM: And have you seen the blinded selfishness and purposelessness of the Sith?

      LARA: Okay, so what's your problem?
      DJO-IM: I ask that same question of you, girl.

      JAVEZ: [paraphrase] What's your favo[u]rite smell?
      DJO-IM: You mock me.

      Me: He answered all your questions. Personally, I'm surprised Matrus is responding like this—"One answer doesn't count!" whined the greatest Dark Hunter.

      Delete
  5. THOSE AREN'T REAL ANSWERS!!! *decides to stop using caps* Well, the first one is...BUT STILL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Djo-im has full rights to do as he pleases in this matter. Characters, behave yourselves. Matrus, you're acting like a kid. I wouldn't expect that of a Dark Hunter who's more than three hundred years old.

      Delete
  6. -WE DO WHAT WE WANT!
    -Okay seriously with the caps lock, people...
    -FINE! Er...fine
    -Next you'll tell me that I did the same thing with the Orfful tag...well, that may be true, BUT I REFUSE TO BE LOGICAL! xP
    *sighs* Okay, I need more sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, awesome!
    Interesting information, Djo.

    ReplyDelete

CaC2er? Comment, by all means!
Elf of the Underground? Welcome, and we hope you join CaC2!
Viewer? You're welcome to comment, as long as it's relevant.