Wednesday 18 December 2013

Orfful | The Orfful Tag

I'm in the mood to learn more about the characters of CaC2. So I'm going to make an interview that can double as a tag. I'm going to name this the Orfful Tag, in honour of Orfful.


1. What is your homeworld?
2. Do you have any family?
3. What are some of your goals in life?
4. Who do you count as your best friend?
5. Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?
6. What is your species?
7. Who would you like to be most of all?
8. What was the most devastating moment of your life?
9. What was the best moment of your life?
10. Who are your enemies?
11. Who do you count as your archenemy?
12. Do you have any mechanical appendages?
13. Who and/or what has impacted you the most?
14. If you could choose to save yourself or your best friend, who would you save?
15. What do you want to do after retiring?

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

And, of course, since I named this after Orfful, Orfful has to be the first to answer it. Keep in mind that all of Orfful's answers have been translated from Shyriiwook (the Wookiee language) and may not be completely accurate.
1. What is your homeworld?
Orfful: Kashyyyk.

2. Do you have any family?
Orfful: Arf*, yes. A big family. My¹ dad Hibacca, mum Sarifful, brother Cobacca, sister-in-law Lanov, nephew Tarkaba, nephew Arggif, niece Mevyyl.

3. What are some of your goals in life?
Orfful: Arf*. I don't have any goals any more.

4. Who do you count as your best friend?
Orfful: My¹ best² friend was Yashacca. My¹ best² friend is Kalen.

5. Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?
Orfful: Collecting lightsabers is my¹ hobby.

6. What is your species?
Orfful: Wookiee, People of the Trees.

7. Who would you like to be most of all?
Orfful: Arf*. Myself³.

8. What was the most devastating moment of your life?
Orfful: The most⁴ devastating moment of my¹ life was my¹ banishment. My¹ family declared that I must leave forever. I vowed that I would return one day.

9. What was the best moment of your life?
Orfful: The best² moment of my¹ life was when I knocked Thobacca out of the tree into the water and laughed my¹ head off at watching him frantically swim away from the pursuing asyyyriaks. Harf harf harf**!

10. Who are your enemies?
Orfful: Ahrrg*…the Sith. My¹ cousin Thobacca.

11. Who do you count as your archenemy?
Orfful: My¹ cousin Thobacca.

12. Do you have any mechanical appendages?
Orfful: I do not⁵. But my¹ brother Cobacca does.

13. Who and/or what has impacted you the most?
Orfful: Harf harf harf!** The ceiling of the mansion of Morcarcion impacted me. Otherwise, my¹ friends Yashacca and Kalen, who I count as my¹ honour family.

14. If you could choose to save yourself or your best friend, who would you save?
Orfful: I would save Kalen. I would save Yashacca. I would let myself³ die. And I did.

15. What do you want to do after retiring?
Orfful: If I retired—which I'm not going⁵ to do now—I would want to settle down among my¹ family again and be accepted by them.

*The Shyriiwook word has no Basic translation.
**The Shyriiwook word is imitative and is rendered exactly the same in Basic.

1. As Shyriiwook has only the subject pronouns, possessive pronouns rendered my are actually suffixes that mean of me.
2. The Shyriiwook for this word includes a prefix meaning greatest, but as 'most best' is not standard Basic, the prefix was ignored in these cases.
3. Original form was I.
4. The Shyriiwook for this word is a prefix that means greatest or ultimate, rendered as most.
5. The Shyriiwook for this word is the negated form of the verb. This has no equivalent in Basic, and it was instead rendered (not) (verb) or (verb) (not).

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

And for starters, I tag Cypher Solari, Jedi Padawan turned dark. To complete this tag, answer the fifteen questions in the Orfful Tag, post them on your writing thread and/or this blog, and tag someone else.

Have fun!

Dmitri Pendragon
Blog Moderator

2 comments:

  1. Heh. #13 made me laugh. I like this tag, Dmitri, and Orfful's answers. I wish he hadn't died so I could've gotten to know him better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tag, and good answers! :D

    ReplyDelete

CaC2er? Comment, by all means!
Elf of the Underground? Welcome, and we hope you join CaC2!
Viewer? You're welcome to comment, as long as it's relevant.