Tuesday 17 September 2013

From Beyond The Grave: Jorus Travar, Jedi Shadow


I suppose you all know who I am, and the things that I've done. But I shall introduce myself nonetheless. I am Jorus Travar of the Jedi Order, a Shadow sworn to bring justice upon the heads of the Sith.

As evidenced by the banner above, I am the winner of the September 2013 Character of the Month award. Thank you Warrior for nominating me, and thank you to everyone who voted for me. I appreciate it.

Si Dan, thank you for running against me in the tiebreaker votes. We need someone to be as epic as we are sometimes.

Many of you left questions that you wanted to ask me. You can read them below.

Raptor: What did you think of Shiebrynn?
What did I think of Shiebrynn? I suppose this is just one question in the list of prying questions that's going to go on here. What did I think of her? Hmm…
I might as well spill my heart here. I loved Shiebrynn. Everything I've done, everything I like, fades into a haze when compared with her. She seemed so…so happy, so perfect, and her joy penetrated into my very soul. I didn't have a joy like that. I worried over little things like flying a starfighter. And I always wondered…I wondered how she was able to…to be joyful even in the midst of trouble. For that, I loved her. And I believe that she loved me too.

Raptor: Do you have a bone to pick with Azong Tiye?
Azong Tiye…I seem to recognise that name.
Sith. Besalisk. Yes, I do have a bone to pick with him. He's a Sith. And Sith are heinous vermin. The galaxy would be so much cleaner, so much brighter, without the plague of the Sith. But I fear that it will always be plagued by Sith. As long as the Force endures.

Raptor: What is your least favourite colour?
I like all colours, so I don't have a least favourite. I prefer darker colours, though, and combinations of light colours can get annoying. Such as yellow, lime green and light pink in a combination. That's a terrible colour scheme.

Warrior: Jorus, do you regret fighting the Sith in your final battle? If not…why?
I say with all my heart that I do not regret fighting Matrus. If I could do it over again, I would fight him again. Why? I never wanted to die in a bed, withering of old age and sickness. If I had to die, I wanted to go out as I lived, fulfilling my mission to the Order to rid the galaxy of the Sith blight that has endured for centuries. And I fought. I fought for Shiebrynn, for the Order, for the innocents that would have died at the hands of the Sith. But…I failed. Matrus has strange powers. He was able to cloak the approach of a speeder from my mind. And as I realised this, my earlier failure came back to mind. You see…I failed the Order once before. I watched, helpless, as Sith troopers shot the girl I loved with all my heart. And then I failed the Order a second time. I failed to sense what would be my demise. But no, I do not regret fighting him. If for nothing else, my death allowed the Order to see the extent of the powers of the Sith named Darth Matrus.

Leilani: If you could've done it all over again, is there anything you would've changed about your life? If so, what?
If I could redo my life, I would have married Shiebrynn and lived in peace, defending my family and my friends from the evil in the galaxy to my last breath. I dreamed of that, actually, before Shiebrynn was slain. And that dream was shattered by the command of Gadorin the Grey. That…vomitous leech. He…no, I won't say any more. I've already answered the question.

Leilani: What was the best moment of your life?
The best moment of my life was one of many I spent with Shiebrynn on Utapau. There are many, yes, but one that comes to mind was after a brush with death I had at the claws of an acklay. In that moment, she revealed that she cared for me. Not with words, but with actions. She cried. And I held her. I comforted her. And that moment will live forever in my memory.

Leilani: What was the worst moment of your life, not counting your death?
Odd as this may sound, the worst moment of my life was not my death. It…it was when…when Shiebrynn died. No, when she was slain. Slain by the command of the Sith Lor—no, the Sith…what is a sufficient noun? Gadorin the Grey. That…I shall restrain myself. The worst moment of my life was when I held Shiebrynn's body in my arms. When Gadorin and his troopers lay slain on the ground all around me. There was a gaping wound in my soul that Gadorin had struck open, and it could never heal. This anger, this rage, this complete misery, this feeling of helplessness…words fail to express my feelings at that time…all bubbled up inside me. And in that moment, I died inside.

Leilani: Did that last question sound as weird as I think it did?
Considering the fact that I am a mindreader, no, it did not sound as weird as you thought it did. The worst moment of my life was not my death, as I said earlier.

Lylyss: Master Travar, do you have any advice/warnings to give the characters still living?
Indeed, I do. Gnawthrul Haniri comes to mind first. Tell him that I will haunt him from beyond the grave, as I promised him I would in our fateful duel. And, all Jedi, my friends and comrades in arms, beware of the Sith known as Matrus and Gnawthrul. They wield uncanny powers of skill. Gnawthrul will go after you with Dun Möch.
Kian, I only knew you for a short time. But I sensed the same rage that I felt when Shiebrynn died in your own life. I give you this warning. Do not, do not, DO NOT, face the Sith with that rage in your heart. It will lead only to your destruction, either by your death…or by your turning.
Cald, my friend of many years. I know of your dreams. But stay true to the Order. Don't rush into justice for my death simply because of revenge. Yet, fulfill your dreams. I hope you will. Fight until there's nothing left to fight for, my friend.
Gnawthrul Haniri, you despicable barbarian, you get a second piece of advice. Hide. Flee. My death is only the domino that will bring a tide of slaughter upon your head. Even though it was not you who slew me, you are the subject of the righteous anger of many.
Matrus. You too. I died, indeed, but that was only the beginning. Expect to be hounded throughout the galaxy and beyond. I have a feeling, though, that you are not all that I thought you were. Perhaps…you could have turned.
Gorbo the Hutt, my old nemesis. Do everyone a favour, you slobbering slug, and jump on a thick metal skewer.
Essa Haniri. You feared me, I know, after I fought with you. But know this. I once wished to slay you for revenge. But I gave that up. If you come…if you come back, may I dare to say…to the Light Side of the Force, I would have welcomed you into our midst. I have forgiven you for what you have done. Justice may happen, but I do not hate you, nor do I seek to kill you. And I would have protected you from your brother had he sought to kill you, as he did. You were once innocent, Essa, but no longer. But there have been others who have embraced the Dark Side and then returned. Naina Raynt, for one. And it is my everlasting hope that you will let go of the Dark Side's hold over your life and become, for once…a heroine.
Mark Tane, if I could have rescued you, I would have done so. For I believe, that in your last moments, you embraced the Light Side and released the Dark Side. I believe that there was genuine repentance in your heart. And I am glad.
Neera Talinth. You saved Gnawthrul from my killing stroke. And, for that, I did not think I would ever forgive you. Every sin that Gnawthrul committed, I would have shown you in first-hand detail what your actions brought about. I haven't forgiven you yet. And I hope you see the folly of your choice.
Kazadan Sarsis, though I never knew you too well, I always thought of you as a friend. Thank you for fighting alongside me.
Kalen Rozeesh and Ari Erinnen. I loved watching your reunion. I hope you never lose each other. Thank you for bringing light into a dark time of my life.
Tarmys Darumar, my comrade-in-arms. Thank you for allowing me to teach your Padawan some of the things that I've learned over the years.
Dorn Thelcar. You didn't change, at least not that I saw. And I'd still like to bring you to justice. But if you can, give up your allegiance to the Dark Side. There is more than Jedi justice that awaits you otherwise.
Tanner Koroth, I didn't know you too well either, but I appreciate your willingness to help, even if I wouldn't let you.
Koynar Tol, I don't know why I didn't kill you back on Tython when you tried to make me surrender Essa to you. But perhaps there were greater things that were to come in your life.
Master Kyra Solari, if you still live, thank you for teaching me all these things that I've used in my life. I remember our banter before I changed. Before you left. And I miss that. But I can't get it back. Thank you, though, for all you've taught me.
Sarge Kaz Allebec, I appreciate your willingness to talk to me when I asked you questions. Thank you for what you taught me—that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. It is a lesson that I never forgot.
And finally, the light of my life, Shiebrynn Nar'laan. I love you. I would have liked to say that face-to-face. Thank you…for everything. Thank you for showing me the way to live. Thank you for showing me the love of God.

Lylyss: Did you ever use the Dark Side of the Force?
Thankfully, I can say with clear conscience and utmost truth that I never used the Dark Side of the Force. Though I came near to it after Shiebrynn died, I did not. I stayed true to the end. And if it had not been for Shiebrynn, I would have broken.

Lylyss: Is there anything you wish you had done before your untimely end?
There are four things that come immediately to mind. I wish I could have slain Gnawthrul so that he would no longer commit his execrable crimes. I wish that the strongholds of the Sith could have been torn down. This next one is impossible, but I wish I could have told Shiebrynn that I loved her. And I wish that I had taken Kian Shekk as my Jedi Padawan and helped him to overcome the anger that lies in his heart.

Ellron: Have you ever wondered how speeders float?
Quite a different question to the rest, this is. I notice that it has more of a lighthearted feeling. No, I never—well, I suppose I did, when I hadn't learned how they did, but I know now. Repulsorlift cells in the base of the speeder send pinpoint sensors to the ground and stabilise the speeder to the repulsorlift height limit. This may blow your minds, but that's how I was taught.

Cypher: Why are you always so quiet and glum?
Cypher Solari, read Leilani's third question. That's why.

Thank you for reading. Hopefully you know more about why I have done what I have done.

Jorus Travar
Jedi Shadow

10 comments:

  1. :D Awesome, Dmitri--err--Jorus. :) I love the messages for the characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was amazing. If possible, I think I like Jorus even more now than I did before. And I also wish more than ever that he hadn't died, because of all this but especially because of his last answer to Lylyss's question about what he wished he could've done. I loved the messages to the characters too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kian: *Pouting* I would welcome death.
    :P

    Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kian, Si gave his life for you. Don't throw away his gift. Live!

      Delete
  4. I keep thinking about this post, and about Jorus... What would his life have been like if he HAD been able to quit the order and marry Shiebrynn? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Very, very different.
      I'm glad you keep thinking about Jorus. It means that he is a strong character. Jorus may well be the strongest character I have ever created.

      Delete
    2. Much happier, I suppose. :) He would have been a different person, too.
      He is really strong. You should take him out of Star Wars somehow and put him in one of your real books. I'm probably gonna do that with my characters.

      Delete
    3. I actually considered that. I think the process of detaching him from Star Wars will be quite hard, however, and take a long time.

      Delete
    4. You should do it. :) It'd be awesome . . . and interesting to see how Jorus' story translates into something that's non Star Wars.

      Delete
  5. Wowo that was pretty epic o.0

    ReplyDelete

CaC2er? Comment, by all means!
Elf of the Underground? Welcome, and we hope you join CaC2!
Viewer? You're welcome to comment, as long as it's relevant.